Tips for Showing Your Home
Dec. / 2016
Agents from various real estate firms will want to show your home. Please work with us to allow any agent who calls to show your home at the suggested time or within 24 hours. If you are not frequently available, it is suggested that you allow a lockbox to be installed on your door. You can increase your odds for a sale by allowing more qualified buyers to see your home. You do not want to miss an out-of-town transferee because your home was not able to be shown.
During a Showing:
• Open all draperies, blinds and window shades during daylight hours.
• Turn on all lights and replace bulbs with high wattage bulbs where needed.
• Open windows one half hour before showing to circulate fresh air.
• Open all doors between rooms to give an inviting feeling.
• Place fresh flowers on kitchen table and/or in living room.
• If possible, bake cookies or bread to add an inviting aroma.
• The kitchen and bathrooms should sparkle.
• Pets should be confined or restricted from view. Eliminate pet odors. Not everyone may share your love of animals. Some people may be allergic to them.
• All jewelry and small valuables & money should be stored in a safety deposit box or in a locked closet.
• Replace any items not included in the sale, or tag them appropriately with “to be replaced with…” or “not included” signs.
• Beds should be made & clothes picked up. Bathrooms should be clean, with towels folded and toilet lid down.
• When you leave the house, please leave it as if you know it is going to be shown. You never know when the right person is going to look at it!
Download FREE check list from ABMC